Assistance for Women and Children
THE ARIZONA SUPPLEMENTAL NUTRITION PROGRAM FOR WOMEN, INFANTS, & CHILDREN NUTRITION (WIC)
What does WIC provide?
- Nutrition education
- Nutritious foods
- Breastfeeding support
- Referrals to health care and other social services
Who is WIC for?
- Children under age five
- Pregnant women
- Breastfeeding women, until the infant's first birthday
- Postpartum women with babies up to six months of age
How do I apply?
To make an appointment call 520-628-7871, or 1-800-2525-WIC, or search for a location nearest you by visiting www.azwic.gov.
Benefits of WIC
- Nutritious WIC Food
- Health Screening
- Nutrition Education
- Keeping Baby’s Food Safe
- Getting Your Baby to Use a Cup
- Feeding Your 2-3 Year Old
- Nutrition Practices for 3-5 Year Olds
- Dealing with Picky Eaters
- Preventing Your Child from Choking on Food
- Healthy Snacks
- Start the Day off Right with Breakfast
- Portion Sizes
- Getting Enough Calcium
- Food Safety
- Active Play for Your Child
- Postpartum Nutrition
- Breastfeeding Support
- Breastfeeding and Obesity Prevention
- The Benefits of Breastfeeding
- Immunization Referrals
The St. Elizabeth’s Health Center WIC program promotes, supports and protects exclusive breastfeeding for approximately the first six months of life and continued breastfeeding for at least the first year of life.