As a condition of employment, all St. Elizabeth Health Center employees are required to qualify for an Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
Come join St. Elizabeth’s Health Center’s staff of highly committed healthcare providers who every day strive to live out our mission to provide high-quality health care with respect and dignity for the uninsured and medically underserved people in our community.
- Part-time position
- Competitive salary
- Paid vacation time
- Monday-Friday hours
This position will provide community information, advocacy, support and education to various underserved high risk populations with the purpose of achieving improved health outcomes. This position is responsible for assisting patient recruitment for a study by the University of Arizona’s College of Nursing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives names and contact info of patients eligible for study from Clinic Liaison and then calls the patient and explains the study.
- Uses pre-prepared randomization packets to assign each patient to comparison or health coaching groups.
- Schedules a time for the student health coach to meet the patient.
- Meets the patient at assigned visit and completes the consent form.
- Gives the patient a packet of material (exercise band, a glucometer, if they don’t have one, and a Spanish-language diabetes cookbook).
- Collects baseline questionnaire and notes from NP students’ first clinic visit.
- Reviews schedule for each patient once per week with Project Coordinator
- Receives scheduling email from Project Coordinator
- Contacts Health Coaching patients and schedules 2nd and 3rd patient visit at clinic and informs student
- Informed by Project Coordinator when Comparison group patient is due for last in-person visit and then schedules the patient for this visit
- Distributes the gift card incentive at the end of each clinic visit and gets signed receipt from the participant.
- Provides information regarding basic health issues related to the population being served by the Health Center program (i.e. diabetes, tobacco use, cervical cancer screening etc.)
- Assists patients and families with utilization of various Health Center and community health educational resources in English and Spanish for patient and family usage
- Works collaboratively with colleagues in optimizing service and communication for patients and their families
- Communicates with patients regarding goal achievement, upcoming meetings, appointments and overcoming barriers to care
- Maintains proper documentation of all patient and community encounters, responses and outcomes as needed for program accountability
- Collects data under the supervision of the project coordinator
- Protects human subjects in the implementation of projects inclusive of confidentiality, privacy and consent issues
- Assesses ongoing educational needs of self and patients and communicates with appropriate staff
- Provides individual and group health information/education to the target population via in person, telephone, telemedicine, etc.
- Other duties may be assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High School/GED Equivalent; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- State of Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Valid Arizona Driver License and proof of insurance
- Bilingual, English / Spanish verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proven strong communication skills – oral and written correspondence are clear, concise, and in an organized fashion using appropriate style, grammar and tone
To be determined based on experience and educational background.
Applicants will be rated and evaluated based upon of their qualifications, training and related job experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Mail resume and cover letter:
St. Elizabeth Health CenterHuman Resources 140 W. Speedway, Suite 100Tucson, AZ 85705
Fax resume and cover letter to Human Resources at (520) 205-8461
Email resume and cover letter - firstname.lastname@example.org
Affirmative Action and an Equal Opportunity Employer