Patient Care Coordinator (RN or LPN)
As a condition of employment, all St. Elizabeth Health Center employees are required to qualify for an Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
Come join St. Elizabeth’s Health Center’s staff of highly committed healthcare providers who every day strive to live out our mission to provide high-quality health care with respect and dignity for the uninsured and medically underserved people in our community.
- Full-time position
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits
- Outpatient-only practice
- Monday-Friday hours
This position is primarily responsible for providing skilled nursing services to patients in a health center setting, This includes initial patient assessments, monitoring treatment plans, providing patient and family education, coordinating care on the unit, providing direct patient care services and maintaining appropriate clinical records. Position may from time to time be stressful and require a high demand of performance. This postion is also responsible for performing other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts and Assesses patients by telephone or walk-in patients to determine the need for healthcare services and the appropriate disposition of the patient, using appropriate triage guidelines for adult and pediatric patients.
- Seeks to Collaborate with the medical provider as well as other interdisciplinary team members appropriately to optimize patient health.
- Assists in the development of a tracking system for patient care coordination and care management across the continuum, including care transitions, Primary and Specialty care.
- Develops care plans to prevent disease exacerbation, improve outcomes, increase patient engagement in self-care, decrease risk status, and minimize hospital and ED utilization
- Works closely with selected group of high-risk patients to monitor compliance with treatment plan and addressing barriers
- Utilizes behavioral strategies to help patients adopt healthy behaviors and improve self-care in chronic disease management. Promote self-management goals.
- Assists patients in navigating the health care system. Coordinates Specialty care, follow-up on test results and other care coordination needs.
- Follows-up with patients within 2 days of inpatient discharge & within 2 days of ED visit notification.
- Partners with external case management programs to coordinate care.
- Ongoing evaluation and documentation of patient progress/ risk status Document in EMR; communicate with care teams.
- Works with other members of team to implement Patient-Centered Medical Home program.
- Performs outreach to patients who are in need of preventative health services or other clinical quality interventions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
RN or LPN licensure required; 3-5 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Current RN or LPN license in good standing with the AZ State Board of Nursing, RN preferred for position
- Current CPR certification
- State of Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Valid Arizona Driver License and proof of insurance
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bilingual in Spanish (verbal and written) preferred
- 5 years' experience in relevant field
- Ability to interact with patients in a caring and compassionate manner
- Additional years of directly related experience preferred
- Experience in case management, disease management, home health care nursing, hospital nursing or intensive outpatient education and self-management support preferred
HOW TO APPLY
Mail resume and cover letter:
St. Elizabeth Health CenterHuman Resources 140 W. Speedway, Suite 100Tucson, AZ 85705
Fax resume and cover letter to Human Resources at (520) 205-8461
Email resume and cover letter - firstname.lastname@example.org
Affirmative Action and an Equal Opportunity Employer