Chief Executive Officer
Come join St. Elizabeth’s Health Center’s staff of highly committed healthcare providers who every day strive to live out our mission to provide high-quality health care with respect and dignity for the uninsured and medically underserved people in our community.
- Full-time position
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits
- Monday-Friday hours
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide the leadership to effectively grow the Health Center by ensuring clinical excellence, operating efficiency and financial strength.
- Ensure the effective recruitment, development, and retention of talent (both staff and volunteers) for current and future Health Center needs in order to achieve goals and objectives.
- Set clear expectations and hold team members accountable for producing desired outcomes.
- Work closely with the Board of Directors in developing and implementing strategic vision and goals for the organization.
- Identify program development opportunities, both in kind and cash, ensuring the delivery of services that are responsive to the needs of the community.
- Maintain a service excellence culture with high expectations established for positive patient experiences and quality clinical outcomes.
- Maintain and cultivate relationships with El Rio Health Center, Catholic Community Services, Marana Health Center, local hospitals, physicians, dentists, and other local healthcare providers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with funders, advocacy groups, the Catholic Diocese, state and local legislative entities (Pima County Supervisors, City Council), national committees, and community leaders.
- Establish appropriate fundraising plans, donor management strategies, and relationship building activities to meet current and long term financial needs for the organization.
- Develop and manage the annual operating budget, providing reports to the Board as requested.
- Be responsible for development and implementation of employment policies and procedures and compliance with federal and state employment regulations, to include Affirmative Action.
- Oversee all public and community relations initiatives to ensure accurate and clear representation of our programs; opportunities for involvement and need for support; and to promote maximum exposure of the organization to the community.
- Review and manage all legal matters to include contracts, claims processing and management, licensing and accreditation.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Public Administration, Nursing, Healthcare Administration, or related field.Experience with HRSA requirements for FQHCs.
- Five (5) years of experience with progressive administrative responsibility in a healthcare service unit of a comparable size and complexity or a hospital.
- Four (4) years of successful supervisory experience with both professional and non-professional staff.
- Considerable practice management experience in a medical or dental setting or related strong experience in health care administration.
- Experience in developing and controlling a budget of $3-$6M.
- Previous experience with a variety of fundraising activities to include a major gift program, foundations, planned giving, events and grant writing.
- Demonstrated success working with a Board of Directors and a large volunteer program.
- Experience managing provider relationships, contracts, and acheivement of quality outcomes.
- Strong understanding of, and experience with, the Arizona AHCCCS program, as well as, an understanding of the changing healthcare landscape, public policy, and the local healthcare community.
- Solid understanding of the Catholic faith based history, values, and ethical directives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable presenting to large groups.
- Strong knowledge of, and skill in, managing and mentoring staff.
- Strong networking skills with proven success in cultivating long term community relationships.
- Strong knowledge of current healthcare technology requirements.
- Ability to travel locally in a personal vehicle, have a current Arizona drivers license, and be insurable under the organization’s vehicle insurance policy.
OTHER PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous experience within a not for profit healthcare organization and an FQHC.
- Considerable knowledge of Federal healthcare reimbursement regulations.
To be determined based on experience and educational background.
Applicants will be rated and evaluated based upon of their qualifications, training and related job experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Email resume and cover letter telling us what you can do for St. Elizabeth’s Health Center to Stephanie Kortenray at SSmith@ssconsultinginc.com.
As a condition of employment, all St. Elizabeth Health Center employees are required to qualify for an Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
Affirmative Action and an Equal Opportunity Employer